Sunday, July 24, 2011

Flute Lessons with Sarah

email: scarrier83@gmail.com

website: http://www.sarahcarrier.com

mobile: (562) 810-0528 

location: on Ditmas Ave. near Ocean Ave. or your Ditmas Park home

With 10 years of teaching experience under my belt, I can tailor lessons to meet the needs of any student. My current students range from age 5 through adult, and all of them genuinely love to play the flute! I like to give my students the opportunity to perform in biannual recitals, a fun experience for everyone involved. 

As a performer of both classical and contemporary music, I give my students a taste of modern techniques such as improvising, singing and playing, and multiphonics in addition to traditional flute playing and repertoire. I believe in the idea of the "modern flutist", meaning the flutist who is trained to be versatile, artistic, and inquisitive from the get-go. 

Past faculty positions include Douglaston School of Music (Queens), Walnut Valley School District (So.Cal), and Irvine Art and Music (So. Cal). 

I currently teach through Brooklyn Music Lessons and maintain my own studio as well. This September I will begin a doctoral program in flute performance at The Graduate Center.  

My main influences as a teacher are John Barcellona (author of the "Flute Doctor" series in Flute Talk Magazine) and Robert Dick (author of the seminal work, "The Other Flute").

To learn about my accomplishments as a performer, please visit my website. 

Credentials include the following:

* D.M.A. Candidate CUNY Graduate Center
* M.M. New York University
* B.M. California State University Long Beach; Bob Cole Conservatory




No comments:

Post a Comment