Thursday, April 25, 2013

[Toy] Last day of too much food.

Toy has posted a new item, 'Last day of too much food.'

And here we are, on the final day of the holiday and desperately trying to cram
in a few final bits of fun before I head back home to the unorganised drudgery
of Australia again. Whenever I go to Japan, there are three foods that I really
looks for:
Melon Pan
Mr Donuts
Mos Burger

Ok. Only one of those is a food. The other are food chains oh well.Thus
commences the adventures of :6th August 2012Mr Donuts is a donut shop, that
manages to not have all that many donuts but is full of crazy sweet foods.Mos
Burger is a rather unnappetising name for a burger chain that actually have
quite nice burgers and such, as well as seasonal bonuses.But first, MELON PAN.It
is a little bun falvoured with melon icing of sorts. It is kind of rockmelon/
honey dew melon flavoured and I (as well as others I know) love it. I had bought
some the previous day as an unhealthy breakfast for the last day. AAaaaaw. It
looks a bit like this.


Oh man, I miss melon pan and I havent found it anyway in AustraliaLunch was Mos
Burger. I remember avoiding the place when I first went to Japan thinking it was
some bizarre vegetarian burger chain. Oh how wrong I was. They actually have a
varied selection of burgers and serve them rather well. After a bit of packing
and preparation, we hit the Mos Burger.I miss Mos Burger.Summer time is Mos
Burger time!


Hot damn! look at those there baskets o goods. Mmmm nice chips, Iced tea for my
beverage and a nifty little papaer wrapper around my burger so I dont get sloppy
all down my hands.And the last bit was Mr Donuts. I dont know where Mr Donuts
originates from, but a good guess would be U.S.A. There are no Mr Donuts that I
know of in Australia and despite talking about donuts, they dont really have
that many. I will say this though: Mr Donuts puts Australias Donut King AND
Krispy Kreme to shame. Incidentally, people rave like obsessed acolytes about
Krispy Kreme donuts, but when I had some it was a gluggy blob of crap. I just
dont get it, I just assume by default now that Australians are so used to bad
service, high prices and crap food that they just accept it nowI digress though,
Mr Donuts has a vast selection. Look at this Donut King and weep. You arent
worthy to lick the empty boxes of Mr Donuts!!!!And just in case you want a
closer look at the variety of goods.And some Choice close ups:In the centre
above, Ginger donuts of 3 types. Yes, 3 tyoes of GINGER donuts! Bottom right are
coconut & Chocolate donuts (thatd be lamington no less). Top right corner
(behind the green sign) is Old fashioned green teaIn this one we have Hamburger
Pie, Pon De Strawberry, Pon de Enzeru (Like and eclair), Golden Crunch,
Chocolate, Double choc, custard cream, mashed potato mini-pie.As you can see,
savoury is fairly popular as well. Oh man, I want some donuts now, but all that
I can get that wont be crap will be the old cinnamon sugared donuts. Sigh.Get
your shit together Donut King and see what the world has to offer!Anyway now
that my rant is (mostly) over, we bought some donuts and took them home for
munchies later on and thus came the end of my holiday in Japan for 2012.Thinking
about it now, its almost time we headed back again! MWA HA HA HA HA!

You may view the latest post at
http://toy.web.id/last-day-of-too-much-food/

Best regards,
Toy
http://toy.web.id

No comments:

Post a Comment